All of us at Woodruff Dentistry thank you for your patience and understanding as we follow CDC and ADA® protocol and closely monitor the COVID-19 situation.
What you can expect when you get here:
- Only patients with appointments will be allowed in the office. No guests or dependents.
- If you have a mask available, we encourage you to wear it to your appointment and keep it on during any procedural/scheduling discussion. It will only need to be removed for actual dental treatment, after you have been seated.
- We request all patients wait in their cars until our staff retrieves them for their appointments. Just give us a call when you arrive and we will let you know when we are ready for you.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer when entering the office and leaving the operatory.
- Your temperature will be taken, and a release form will need to be signed.
- No beverages or magazines will be offered in the waiting room at this time.
- Additional personal protective equipment will be worn by clinical staff, such as face shields, high-grade masks, gowns, hair coverings and gloves. These items will be worn during the entirety of your appointment.
- At the beginning of each appointment, you will be asked to use a prerinse provided for you.
- The hygienist will limit the use of aerosol-creating electronic devices in the operatory.
- Radiographs and exams will continue as normal.
- Dental cleanings will be completed as usual with the exception of limited electronic aerosol-creating devices.
- Dental treatment will continue as usual with emphasis on decay, fractures and infections that may have progressed during this period of closure but may not have been addressed as an emergency.
- Clinical staff will not walk you to the front desk. This gives us the best chance to contain aerosols and fluids in one operatory, which will then be cleaned thoroughly after each patient.
Our goal is to provide a safe and protected environment every time you visit our office.
We continue to follow the rigorous infection control protocols we have always had in place for maintaining a clean and safe environment. This includes thoroughly disinfecting every dental chair, devices used, radiograph machine and any flat surfaces in the operatory after each patient. Sterile dental tools are used for each patient. Protective gear is worn and then disposed of properly after each patient. These are just a few of the many OSHA/CDC/ADA protocols we follow on a daily basis. We prepare our operatories as if our next patient is a favorite family member.
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!